PreView Side Defender
PreView Side Defender, the industry’s most advanced side object detection solution, has been developed specifically for the over-the-road (OTR) markets including trucking, municipalities, waste and recycling.
According to independent research, the incidence of highway and urban collisions are rising by almost 10% per year. PRECO believes that this is unacceptable and we are driven to design technology that assists heavy duty vehicle operators to mitigate these avoidable accidents.
The Side Defender system actively warns operators with audible and visual alerts, in order for them to take the appropriate actions to mitigate collisions. Additionally, it has the ability to integrate with telematics applications, vehicle control systems, vision systems or other sensors using industry standard communications.
Industry standard CAN bus integration allows PreView Side Defender to read the vehicle’s speed messages. Through this integration, the radar can operate intelligently in different detection modes:
Highway Mode: The system alerts operators of vehicles in the side blind zones while ignoring stationary objects such as guardrails to reduce nuisance alerts.
Slow-Speed Mode: PreView Side Defender is positioned to play an integral role in the emerging side turn assist applications, aimed specifically at reducing the incidence of collisions with pedestrians and cyclists in urban environments.
- Frequency: 24Ghz
- Detection range (fore/aft): Up to 20’/6M forward and up to 20’/6M back/aft
- Detection width: 10’/3M to 8M)
- Current Draw: Less than .25 AMP
- Operating Temp: -40 F/ +185 F (-40 C to +85 C)
- Sensor Dimensions: 4.9”H x 4.06”W x 1.28”D
- Display Dimensions: 1.0”H x 2.3”W x 2.0”D
- Built to meet rugged J1455 Specs
- Utilizes standard CAN communication protocols (J1939, ISO 11898)