PreView Side Defender
PreView Side Defender, the industry’s most advanced side collision avoidance solution, has been developed specifically for the over-the-road (OTR) markets including trucking, municipalities, waste and recycling.
According to independent research, the incidence of highway and urban collisions are rising by almost 10% per year. PRECO believes that this is unacceptable and we are driven to design technology that assists heavy duty vehicle operators to mitigate these avoidable accidents.
The Side Defender system actively warns operators with audible and visual alerts, in order for them to take the appropriate actions to mitigate collisions. Additionally, it has the ability to integrate with telematics applications, vehicle control systems, vision systems or other sensors using industry standard communications.
- Frequency: 24Ghz
- Detection range (fore/aft): Up to 20’/6M forward and up to 20’/6M back/aft
- Detection width: 10’/3M to 8M)
- Current Draw: Less than .25 AMP
- Operating Temp: -40 F/ +185 F (-40 C to +85 C)
- Sensor Dimensions: 4.06”H x 4.9”W x 1.28”D
- Display Dimensions: 1.0”H x 2.3”W x 2.0”D
- Built to meet rugged J1455 Specs
- Utilizes standard CAN communication protocols (J1939, ISO 11898)