- Frequency: 24Ghz
- Protection Rating: IP69K
- Programmable Detection Range: 0′ to 100′ (0 m to 30 m)
- Detection Pattern: Configurable | Set based on model
- Current Draw: Less than .25 AMP
- Operating Temp: -40 F/ +185 F (-40 C to +85 C)
- Sensor Dimensions: 4.9”H x 4.06”W x 1.28”D
- Utilizes standard J1939 CAN communication protocols
Qualified for use globally including Japan and India
Featuring a Narrow Field of View for Specialized Applications
In 2016, PRECO released the PreView Sentry®, the first of its frequency modulated continuous wave radar sensors operating in the narrow band 24 GHz band. The Sentry® provides a wide 150 degree horizontal field of view with adjustable detection zone (range and width) making it a very effective blind spot monitoring sensor; however, the wide field of view does not allow the Sentry to be installed in certain applications such as at the center of the rear axle on large haul trucks – the sensor will detect the wheels on either side.
Enter the PreView Sentry®X. Using the Sentry® platform, PRECO has created a product with a narrower field of view designed to support all the same installation points as the original PreView Xtreme. The Sentry®X adds a narrow field of view option to PRECO’s latest product family – the global standard for blind spot monitoring on heavy duty mobile equipment operating in the harshest of environments.