Heavy-duty industry accidents are costly and can bring an entire operation to a halt. Unfortunately, these accidents are on the rise. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), approximately 75% of struck-by fatalities involve heavy equipment. PRECO believes that this is unacceptable, and aims to significantly reduce the incidence and severity of heavy-duty equipment accidents by developing the most reliable safety solutions available to OEMs, upfitters and fleet operations.
PRECO, the worldwide leader in heavy-duty collision avoidance systems, is proud to announce our most advanced solution to date, PreView Sentry. This is the industry’s most flexible, accurate, and powerful active blind spot monitoring solution available. Sentry has a fully adjustable detection zone, with the ability to detect objects from the face of the radar up to 30 meters (98 feet), and the width of the detection zone is adjustable to fit almost all vehicle types.
Sentry accurately identifies the location and velocity of up to 16 people or objects simultaneously and is designed to withstand the harsh environments encountered by heavy-duty equipment. With built-in fail safe alerts that notify the operator of radar blockage or communication issues, operators and fleet managers can be sure that they are working with the most reliable object detection system available.
PRECO’s engineering team spent over two years developing the PreView Sentry radar in order to provide our customers with the most sophisticated heavy-duty object detection radar available.
- Frequency: 24Ghz
- Programmable detection range: 0′ to 98′ (0M to 30M)
- Programmable detection width: 6.5′ to 26′ (2M to 8M)
- Current Draw: Less than .25 AMP
- Connects to reverse lights for power
- Operating Temp: -40 F/ +185 F (-40 C to +85 C)
- Sensor Dimensions: 4.9”H x 4.06”W x 1.28”D
- Display Dimensions: 1.0”H x 2.3”W x 2.0”D
- Ability to customize detection zone (range and width) onsite with PrecoNet Service Tool
- Built to meet rugged J1455 Specs
- Utilizes standard CAN communication protocols